Trina Gilliam (Candidate for Vice-President for Communications)
- Planner I – 08/2017-Present Brevard County Board of County Commissioners
- Planning Intern – 07/2015-01/2017 City of Titusville, Planning Department
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL – Sociology B.A. (Honors), 2015
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Fl – Urban and Regional Planning M.S., May 2018
APA Florida/APA Experience:
- VP Chair, APA Florida Atlantic Coast Section 11/2017-Present
- Recipient of the 2017 Distinguished Contribution to the Chapter Award 09/2017
- APA Florida Atlantic Coast Section Student liaison 03/2016-11/2017
I became involved with the APA Florida in 2016 as a Student Liaison to the Atlantic Coast Section. This was a position that was created for me when I took the initiative to be involved in the organization. The work ethic of the Atlantic Coast Section members inspired me to mirror their dedication to the profession. Working on the 2017 APA Florida Conference gave me the opportunity to be involved with the APA on a level I was not expecting. At times it was challenging, but we were committed to Rising to the Challenge. My dedication to the Atlantic Coast Section and the APA Florida has not wavered but has increased exponentially since that experience. As the Vice President of Communications, I will strive to effectively manage communication activities on both the Chapter and Section level.
One of the guiding principles of the APA Code of Ethics states, in short, as professional planners we shall inspire to enhance our education and training. I believe the role of VP – Communications plays a critical part to this effort. I would like to promote more information related to international planning activities on our social media and other communication materials. I also hope to increase awareness through communications of long-range, regional and state-wide planning activities.