Thuy (twee) Turner, AICP, LEED AP BD+C (Candidate for Vice-President for Conference Services)
- Planning Section Supervisor, Broward County (Plantation, FL)
- Senior Planner, Broward County (2013-2016)
- Associate Planner, Broward County (2003-2013)
- Transportation Planner, McMahon & Associates, Inc. (2001-2003)
- Masters of Urban and Regional Planning, Florida Atlantic University (2002)
- Bachelor of Arts in Geography, Clark University (1999)
APA Florida/APA Experience:
- Immediate Past Chair, Broward Section (2018 – present)
- Chair, Broward Section (2016-2018)
- Vice Chair, Broward Section (2015-2016)
- At-Large Member, Broward Section (2013-2015)
Over the past 15 years of my career as a planner, serving on my local Section Board of the APA Florida has provided me with the greatest sense of fulfillment. For the last five years, I served on the Broward Section Board in various positions including Chair. During my time as Chair, I truly felt I was able to give back to my profession. We were able to increase membership by over 35-percent. We added several new social events for our members, like airport and port tours, legislative luncheons and networking happy hours.
In 2015, the Broward Section of the APA Florida co-hosted the annual state conference in Hollywood, Florida. As a Board member of our section, I played an integral role in coordinating our section’s contribution to the event. Personally, I oversaw the schedules and allocation of talent. It was a wonderful opportunity to meet students and emerging planners.