Climate Change Toolbox
This page contains various plans and strategies from around the state, as well as interactive visualization and modeling tools, to assist planners with addressing climate change in their communities.
Plans and Strategies:
- Broward County Climate Action Plan
Broward County’s Climate Change Action Plan discusses strategies and actions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve resiliency, and adapt to the impacts of climate change.
- Climate Change, Health, and Equity: A Guide for Local Health Departments: This guide aims in helping communities and health departments institute best practices for creating happier, healthier communities within the context of climate change
- Cool Planning: A Handbook on Local Strategies to Slow Climate Change
This guide aims to assist communities in reducing their carbon footprint by presenting planning strategies and examples.
- Dade County Climate Change Action Plan
- Florida’s Energy & Climate Change Action Plan (2008)
Plan created by the Governor’s Action Team on Energy and Climate Change.
- Incorporating Sea Level Change at the Local Level
This report by NOAA offers a brief, step by step guide on the process of addressing sea level change in your community.
- Orange County, FL, Climate Change Plan
Orange County’s Climate Change Plan seeks to establish and implement a County Renewable Energy Initiative by adopting various policies and objectives outlined in the plan.
- Southeast Florida Regional Climate Action Plan
Visualization and Modeling Tools:
Developed by First Street Foundation, this tool allows users the ability to appraise property values and loss due to flood risks in various communities, and how best to mitigate environmentally-related flood incidents, sea-level rise and damage.
- NOAA Sea Level Rise Viewer
NOAA’s Sea Level Rise Viewer is a valuable and easy tool for modeling and visualizing local effects of coastal flooding and sea level rise. The Sea Level Rise Viewer allows users to zoom into local areas and model 0-6’ sea level rise effects.
- Surging Seas Risk Finder
Surging Seas is an interactive site with various tools to help with modeling and visualizing sea level rise and coastal flooding. Numerous tools allow users to see maps and visuals showing varying degrees of sea level rise and flooding at the neighborhood scale.