Presentations from APA Florida Conferences
Federal Highway Administration Webinar Series: Building A Climate Resilient Transportation System (February-May, 2015)
a) Understanding Criticality and Sensitivity
This webinar introduced the webinar series, described FHWA approaches to addressing resilience to climate change and extreme weather, and presented approaches/tools for assessing criticality and sensitivity of different assets in the context of assessing vulnerability to climate change & extreme weather events.
– Adaptation approaches and climate resilience work overview
– Resources and examples from Gulf Coast 2 for assessing criticality and sensitivity
– MPO and DOT example applications
b) Developing Scenarios of Future Temperature and Precipitation Conditions
This webinar discussed methods for developing climate change projections and information for transportation decision making, the CMIP Climate Data Processing tool, and example applications of the CMIP tool.
– Temperature and precipitation projections for transportation practitioners
– Introduction to the CMIP Climate Data Processing Tool
– Experiences from Arizona DOT