Deadlines for November 2017 AICP Comprehensive Planning Exam
|Application Window Opens||June 1, 2017 9:00 a.m. CT|
|Early Bird Deadline||June 6, 2017, 11:59 p.m. CT|
|Final Application Deadline||June 30, 2017, 11:59 p.m. CT|
|Testing Window||November 6-20, 2017|
Click here for details.
The exam’s updated content places greater emphasis on emerging trends and current practices in planning. As you prepare your exam application — and later, as you study — get help from AICP’s enhanced resources: the AICP Exam Guide, a revised exam content outline and reading list, a Criterion Response Checklist, and more. The application deadline is June 30.
TIP: If you apply by June 6 and your application is denied, you can address the issues and reapply for the Novemberexam. This opportunity is available only for Early Bird applicants.
APA-FL 2017 Reduced AICP Exam Fee Scholarships
APA and AICP have encouraged the APA Florida Chapter to submit names of those with financial hardships to become AICP members by taking advantage of the 2017 Reduced Exam Fee Scholarship program. This program was put into place to offer assistance to those individuals who may defer taking or are unable to take the AICP exam because of the high cost.
Scholarship recipients pay reduced fees to AICP as follows:
- First time AICP applicants: $145 (combined $70 application and $75 exam fee)
- Previously approved AICP applicants: $75 (exam fee only)
- Awarding of a scholarship does not guarantee that a recipient will be approved to take the AICP Exam. The exam application will be evaluated like any other.
- The nomination/selection of scholarship recipients will be kept strictly confidential.
- A maximum of two (2) scholarships are available to the APA Florida Chapter for the November 2017 exam.
The FINAL selection of potential scholarship recipients rests with the APA Florida Chapter’s Professional Development Officer (PDO), Henry Bittaker, and will be final.
Reduced AICP Exam Fee Scholarship Selection Criteria
Applicants must submit a “Reduced AICP Exam Fee Scholarship” application directly to me, the APA-Florida PDO, at email@example.com, that consists of a written explanation of financial hardship (including financial hardship caused by a budget cutback in a firm or agency) which necessitates the request and must also provide me with their APA member number. This written response includes indicating that:
- The applicant will be otherwise unlikely to take the exam without the reduced fee, and
- The applicant’s employer will not subsidize the exam fee.
- Whether or not they are a member of any ethnic or racial minorities.
- The planner’s APA Member number
Applications may be submitted now for the November 2017 exam window.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, AUGUST 25, 2017
Are you looking for FREE ON-LINE opportunities to fulfill your AICP CM requirements before the end of the reporting period? Check out the options below.
(1) FREE ONLINE APA SITES – APA maintains free CM opportunities on their website – these can be found at:
http://www.planning.org/cm/free/ (7 opportunities from 2.5 CM to 6 CM; 14.5 CM total)
http://www.planning.org/tuesdaysatapa/previous.htm (note: Tuesday at APA; use only podcasts with “CM” next to them; 18 separate 1-CM opportunities)
(2) FREE ONLINE Ohio Chapters’ webinars. A number of the state APA Chapters, including Florida, have gotten together to sponsor a series of upcoming live webinars qualifying for CM credit. These upcoming live (free registration required) and past events for CM opportunities can be found at: http://www.ohioplanning.org/planningwebcast
(3) FREE ETHICS ON-DEMAND COURSE : The Planning Webcast Series is offering a free on-demand webcast: Planning Ethics: Dealing with Problem Boards and Board Members. This webcast is currently available for 1.5 CM Ethics Distance Education credits for viewing throughout the 2017 calendar year. It is Event # 9119060 when you go to log your credits.
(4) FREE LAW ON-DEMAND COURSE: The Planning Webcast Series is offering a free on-demand webcast: Fair Housing: Serious Responsibility, Serious Liability . This webcast is currently available for 1.5 CM Ethics Distance Education credits for viewing throughout the 2017 calendar year. It is Event # 9120416 when you go to log your credits.