Deadlines for November 2017 AICP Comprehensive Planning Exam
|Application Window Opens||June 1, 2017 9:00 a.m. CT|
|Early Bird Deadline||June 6, 2017, 11:59 p.m. CT|
|Final Application Deadline||June 30, 2017, 11:59 p.m. CT|
|Testing Window||November 6-20, 2017|
Click here for details.
The exam’s updated content places greater emphasis on emerging trends and current practices in planning. As you prepare your exam application — and later, as you study — get help from AICP’s enhanced resources: the AICP Exam Guide, a revised exam content outline and reading list, a Criterion Response Checklist, and more. The application deadline is June 30.
TIP: If you apply by June 6 and your application is denied, you can address the issues and reapply for the November exam. This opportunity is available only for Early Bird applicants.
APA AICP EXAM PREP 3.0 Study Guide (online)
APA’s newly updated AICP Exam Prep 3.0 Study guide is now available ($249) – APA Florida members were involved with its preparation. Henry Bittaker, APA Florida PDO, is one of the “Faculty” that will be available for questions associated with the study guide. Here’s what’s included with the new APA AICP Exam Prep 3.0 Study Guide:
https://www.planning.org/certification/examprep/ (portion on online notice shown below):
AICP Exam Prep Product 3.0
The new AICP Exam Prep Product addresses the entire exam content outline. It is 100 percent web-based, so you can access it anywhere you have a web browser and access to the Internet. Features include:
- Content organized into six modules based on the exam content outline.
- Over 50 lessons/sections on topics that cover the entire exam content.
- Content from selected PAS QuickNotes, the Journal of the American Planning Association, and Zoning Practice, so you don’t have to purchase those publications.
- 12 hours of streaming video and PowerPoints on 51 topics in 8-15 minute lessons that are easy to review and understand.
- 4.5 hours of streaming video of ethics sessions at APA’s 2013 National Planning Conference.
- Sample questions from: retired questions from the actual AICP exam, Exam Prep Package 2.0, AICP staff, and AICP Exam Prep 3.0 work group. All questions for all sources were reviewed and if needed, improved, by former AICP Exam Committee members. Questions are provided in three different forms:
- Assessment exam to determine areas of weakness and strength to inform study plan
- Pop-up questions at the end of each video lesson to reinforce learning
- Timed practice exam with 170 questions delivered in the actual format to simulate your exam-day experience
- Searchable glossary with thousands of definitions from A Planners Dictionary and the AICP Exam Prep 3.0 Glossary Workgroup.
- Access to a discussion forum to interact with other students and course faculty.
- Tips on how to approach scenario and multi-part questions.
The faculty for and contributors to AICP Exam Prep Product 3.0 included planners from around the U.S. in the public, private, and academic sectors. Among them were:
- Experienced Professional Development Officers who offer AICP exam prep on the chapter level.
- Faculty from Georgia Tech, the University of North Carolina, and Louisiana State University.
- Attorneys who specialize in land use and zoning law.
- AICP members with Advanced Specialty Certification in transportation planning and environmental planning.
- Fellows of AICP.
2015-2016 CPC AICP Exam Prep Study Guide
The 2014-2015 AICP Exam Prep Study Guide on a flashdrive is available from the APA Florida Office in Tallahassee.
You can order a copy of the CPC AICP Study Guide directly from the APA Florida office in Tallahassee. The cost is $18.95, including mailing costs, and can be paid for in one of two ways:
ONLINE PAY-PAL – Use the following Pay Pal link to order and pay for your copy using a credit or debit card (the instructions are easy to follow): https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KDA5MSQ64WEZL . OR
BY CHECK – Mail a check for $18.95 payable to APA Florida to the Chapter Office at 2017 Delta Boulevard, Suite 201, Tallahassee, FL 32303. Include your shipping address if different from the address shown on your check. Also email Amanda Pickles (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let her know that your payment is in the mail. That way, if she is out of copies, she can request more copies from the National APA Office (they normally arrive in 3-4 days) so you should get your copy very quickly.
If you need more information about what the study manual contains, see https://www.planning.org/certification/examprep/studymanual.htm.
Treasure Coast AICP ftp site
Susan Coughanour & Henry Bittaker run AICP STUDY GROUP sessions for the Treasure Coast Section. These sessions are webcast live using GoToWebinar and the webcasts and other extensive study materials are made available on a ftp site. Planners need to contact me at email@example.com in order to obtain a password and instructions on how to access the free ftp site. The Treasure Coast Section also maintains the Treasure Coast Study links that have just been updated (April 2017) on http://www.floridaplanning.org/treasurecoast/aicp_links.pdf