Planning Officials Training Workshop
Are you an appointed advisory board member or an elected official making planning and zoning recommendations or decisions for your local government? If so, then this one-day workshop, organized by the Treasure Coast Section of the American Planning Association – Florida Chapter, is tailored just for you!
Planning officials will receive basic instruction and information about …
- Planning principles and process
- Responsibilities of various advisory boards
- Legal considerations
- How to run an effective board meeting
- Urban Design
- Economics of new development/growth
- Current trends
- Public participation methods
Each participant will leave the course with a Certificate of Completion and copies of all materials presented throughout the day.
Nov. 17, 2017
7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Village of Palm Springs Council Chambers
226 Cypress Lane
Palm Springs, FL 33641
**Doors open at 7:30 am for registration check-in, networking and continental breakfast.
Program starts promptly at 8 am**
Register by Nov. 13 for a discounted rate.
- $25 – register by Nov. 13
- $35 – register between Nov. 14-15
- $45 – walk-up registration