Michelle Heinrich, AICP (Candidate for Vice-President for Communications)
- Hillsborough County Development Services Department (2001-Present)
- Principal Planner (2012-Present)
- Senior Planner (2004-2012)
- Community Planner (2001-2004)
- City of St. Petersburg (1999-2001), Neighborhood Planner
- Tallahassee-Leon County Planning Department (1999), Intern
- American Planning Association Florida (1998), Legislative Assistant
- Florida State University – Urban and Regional Planning, M.S. (1999)
- University of South Florida – Mass Communications, B.A. (1994)
APA Florida/APA Experience:
- APA Florida Executive Committee – VP Communications (2016-Present)
- Suncoast Section Executive Committee – Vice Chair (2006)
- Suncoast Section Executive Committee – Secretary (2005)
- APA Florida Local Host Section Conference Committee Member (2005)
- Suncoast Section Horizons Newsletter Chair (2002, 2003)
As your Vice President for Communications for the Chapter, my primary responsibility is to keep you informed on Chapter news and planning topics impacting our state. Since beginning in this role in 2016, I have worked with members, Chapter staff and fellow Executive Committee to make our website, monthly e-news, quarterly Florida Planning magazine and social media communications a valuable part of your membership with APA Florida. I hope to have served you well by sharing relevant, interesting and maybe sometimes even fun material with you.
I am seeking another term as your VP-Communications to continue in this role. Our dynamic state will continue to give us topics to explore as we provide you with information on trends, projects and people across the state through our on-going communications. Additionally, new avenues of communication are currently being improved. In an effort to share the benefits and purpose of planning with citizens, I am working on a video project on behalf of the Chapter. These videos will showcase the planning process and share successful projects to relay what our work entails and how it makes great communities happen. Future videos will also speak to you the member (or potential member) as we show the benefits of your membership with APA Florida. Our website will also be getting an update as we transition to APA hosting a new and improved Florida Chapter website. I currently serve on the committee assisting in this endeavor to take place over the new few months. With the member in mind, we will be streamlining and improving the website to make is more useful for you.
This position has been a rewarding experience that I hope to carry on into the next term. I appreciate your consideration and hope to receive your vote.