Lara Bouck, PE, AICP (Candidate for Secretary)
- Senior Planner with H.W. Lochner.
- Detail-driven transportation professional with more than 14 years of progressively responsible experience as a transportation planner and engineer – with expertise in the development of Project Development and Environment (PD&E) studies, regional transportation and transit planning, trails planning, public involvement and education, RFP and grant writing, and project management.
- Transportation planning experience has included identifying corridor or system issues and needs; developing project purpose and need statements; drafting project goals and objectives; formulating multimodal project alternatives; developing capital costs; analyzing sociocultural impacts of various transportation actions, including environmental justice impacts; grant writing; screening of project alternatives; and preparation of FTA and NEPA documentation.
- Recent and ongoing project experience includes transit alternatives analysis, development and implementation of public outreach programs for transportation projects, and PD&E documentation.
- Master of Science in Urban and Regional Planning, Transportation and Growth Management Specialties. Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL. May 2004
- Bachelor of Science in Materials Science and Engineering. Northwestern University, Evanston, IL. June 2002
APA Florida/APA Experience:
- Orlando Metro Section (OMS) 1st Vice President, 2013-2017. Coordinate annual AICP Exam prep short course, and 2-day AICP Exam prep course in 2014.
- OMS Section At-Large Director, 2012
- APA Florida State Conference Planning Committee, 2012. Programs Committee and Logistics Committee.
It would be my utmost pleasure and honor to serve as Secretary on the APA-FL Board. I have been a member of the APA Florida Chapter for over 14 years and served on the Orlando Metro Section Board 2012-2017. Participating in professional organizations is something I take seriously, and I have a wealth of board membership experience including serving on WTS Tampa Bay Board for five years as membership chair and then President, and on the WTS Central Florida Board for 4 years – first as Community Relations chair and then as the Board Treasurer. Professional organizations allow us to come together to for fellowship, and to share and learn about new ideas – truly food for the planner’s soul! I am hopeful I will have a chance to serve YOU as the APA-FL Secretary.
As Secretary, I would be dedicated to recording the proceedings of the Executive Committee meetings and Annual Membership meeting, and to coordinating their dissemination to the Florida Chapter membership via the Chapter website. I would work with my fellow Board members, to ensure the distribution of pertinent information to the membership via newsletters, e-blasts and/or via various social media outlets. I will utilize my prior experience and professional skillsets to help fulfill the duties of the Board in order to ensure the overall continued success of APA-FL.
My husband Gene and I live in Longwood, FL with our son Miles (3 years). I am enthusiastic about the planning profession and about how we can work together to improve our communities. I believe that my experience and proven commitment to APA-FL and the planning profession would be an asset to the organization. I will be honored to serve the membership of APA-FL if elected as Secretary, and thank all who vote for me in advance.