Joshua I. Long, AICP (Candidate for President-Elect)
- 2005 – Present: Gunster Law Firm, Land Development Planner
- 2001 – 2005: City of West Palm Beach, Senior Planner
- 2008: American Planning Association AICP Certification
- 2005: Southern Illinois University Carbondale, M.P.A.
- 1996: Southern Illinois University Carbondale, B.A.
APA Florida/APA Experience:
- 2018: APA Florida – State Conference Co-Chair
- 2015 – 2017: APA Florida – Treasure Coast Section, President
- 2013 – 2015: APA Florida – Treasure Coast Section, President
- 2011 – 2013: APA Florida – Treasure Coast Section, Treasurer
- 2011: APA Florida – State Conference Planning Committee
- 2009 – 2011: APA Florida – Treasure Coast Section, Executive Council Member at Large
This is an exciting time to be a Planner in Florida. Decades of strategic planning have created cities, towns, and communities that are the models throughout the world. Florida’s population is more diverse than ever- young professionals, entrepreneurs, farmers, retirees, and tourists, to name a few, all crave a piece of the Sunshine State. Things are changing and we, Florida Planners, will face many accompanying challenges over the next decade. If elected, I will work tirelessly to create programs, develop tools, and provide resources that we want and need be effective leaders and to help build better communities to accommodate our future.
I am fortunate to have a job I love in a state I love. My passion for planning is contagious and I wish to utilize my enthusiasm as President-Elect to help fellow planners throughout the state improve their own little corner of paradise, and be an example for the rest of us. My experience with both public and private sector planning provides me with the tools necessary to help lead our Florida Chapter to continued greatness.