John Roach, AICP (Candidate for Treasurer)
- Principal Planner, City of West Palm Beach, Florida: 2013 – Present
- Senior Planner, City of West Palm Beach, Florida: 2006 – 2013
- Planner, City of West Palm Beach, Florida: 2003 – 2006
- Project Manager, Community-Based Projects, Ball State University: 2001 – 2003
- Bachelor of Urban Planning and Development, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana: 2003
APA Florida/APA Experience:
- Co-Chair – 2018 APA-Florida State Conference Host Committee: 2017 – Present
- Treasurer, APA Florida Treasure Coast Section: 2013 – Present
- Member, APA Florida: 2004 – Present
- Member, APA Indiana: 2001 – 2004
It is an honor to be a candidate for Treasurer of APA Florida. Serving as Treasurer of APA Florida’s Treasure Coast Section for more than five years, I have had the opportunity to oversee and ensure financial stability of one of APA Florida’s more active and financially successful sections, while maximizing the value of programs and services offered to our members. During that time I have led the preparation of annual budgets, provided regular financial reports and helped set forth the general strategies of the section, all while maintaining accurate and organized records. And I am excited about the opportunity to transfer these skills and successes to the State level.
As Treasurer, I will be committed to working with the Executive Committee and Executive Director in carrying out the mission and vision of APA Florida, providing a highly effective professional organization in a fiscally responsible way that ensures transparency, accountability and long-term stability. With this aspect of the organization’s mission accomplished successfully, we can continue to improve and enhance the framework that shapes our cities and regions, and the lives of those that live within them.