City of Delray Beach
Senior Planner-Delray Beach, Florida
$59,716.80 – $95,555.16
This is a professional position requiring a high degree of self-motivation and independent judgment. The work of a Senior Planner is either in the category of current planning where it involves direct interaction with representatives of the development community; or in advanced/comprehensive planning where an area of specialization is performed. A Senior Planner may supervise other individuals. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Principal Planner.
Essential Job Duties
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Research tasks (land development application for current planning/special activity for advanced planning) with the expression of the results in a written document (staff report).
- Review Site Plan and Certificate of Appropriateness Applications including all associated prepared drawings.
- Review and process (manage) development and land use applications through the various municipal procedures.
- Review Building Permits for Compliance.
- Review and make recommendations to City Boards on development proposals for exterior site improvements and/or alterations to properties located within the City’s designated historic districts and those Individually Designated properties.
- Provide assistance to those property owners for compliance with the City’s Ordinance via the LDRs.
- Conduct meetings with applicants, development professionals, and/or citizen groups as the situation warrants.
- Conduct site visits.
- Complete processing of assigned task from in-take or initiation to drafting the resulting development order; includes status reports/letters, client interaction, presentations to boards and/or citizen committees.
- Prepare written documentation for City Commission actions.
- Provide technical review of planning or land use activities in area of zoning, site plan, landscaping, architecture, historic preservation, neighborhood planning, an element of the Comprehensive Plan or similar areas of expertise.
- Make presentations before formal boards and committees and may be responsible for coordination of all activities of such a board or committee.
- Perform special studies on a specific subject which includes formulation of the task, setting forth a work program, seeking necessary resources, working with citizen and staff advisory groups, preparation of final reports and formal presentation of findings.
- Access, input and retrieve information from a computer.
- Fosters positive employee relations and employee morale on a City-wide basis.
Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a Master’s Degree in Planning or a closely related field with two (2) years’ experience in planning, preferably in a public agency; OR, an undergraduate degree in Planning or a closely related field with three (3) years’ experience in planning area. Knowledge of planning theories, subdivision laws, site planning, zoning, comprehensive planning principles, landscaping principles, aesthetics, and/or area of specialization, as appropriate. Ability to deal effectively with the public. Ability to write concisely and to follow technical formats including skill in research. Ability to give oral presentations. Ability to draft site plans and/or create graphics to express ideas. Organizational skills.
Please apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/delraybeach
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/delraybeach →