- Assists in the preparation of application submittals or comprehensive plan amendments, zoning, annexations and other planning applications which may vary by jurisdiction.
- Assists in or prepares research relating to such items as land use, economic development, zoning ordinance revisions, transportation systems, utility systems, community facilities, populations, and housing.
- Assist in researching various jurisdictions and regulations.
- Assists in duties related to preparation and presentation of date in graphic and/or written form for presentations at workshops, and/or public hearings.
- Assists in public notice duties, which may include field visits and sign postings.
- Knowledge of general planning principles and practices.
- Ability to take initiative and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to present ideas and findings clearly and concisely in written, oral or graphic form.
- Ability to interpret and apply applicable legislation, rules and codes.
- Ability to operate a computer – Microsoft office mandatory; ability to run programs in GIS ArcView, CAD are helpful, but not required.
- Experience in urban planning or related field preferred.
- Ability to make field visits as needed for public noticing requirements such as sign postings and or taking photos.
Years of Experience Desired: 3-4 years
Education Level Desired: Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
To apply for this job email your details to VLombardi@kingengineering.com