- This event has passed.
Land Use Economics Sessions with Joe Minicozzi – Pinellas Park Circuit Rider Series Stop
February 20 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pmFree - $15
The APA Florida Sun Coast Section is excited to announce that we will be hosting Joe Minicozzi, AICP of Urban3, LLC for two sessions! Mr. Minicozzi’s work focuses on land use economics, a fiscally sound way to proactively manage growth and plan for different types of land uses. At these events, Mr. Minicozzi will provide a high level overview of Urban3’s work in land use economics and property tax analysis, and the firm’s methodology for linking these concepts to land use decisions. Participants will gain a better understanding of the tie between economic productivity and community vitality through land use.
The general learning objectives for the sessions will include:
- Developing an understanding regarding land use and zoning’s effects on a local government’s economic productivity and vitality
- Discovering the ways land use and zoning policies are connected to built environments, and
implications of those connections
- Understanding tax policy’s role in shaping the built environment
- Gaining new perspective on urban development patterns, and how tax and fiscal policy can fuel market
demand for sprawl
As part of the APA Florida sponsored circuit rider speaker tour, the section is offering two opportunities for attending a land use economics session with Joe Minicozzi, AICP of Urban3, LLC:
- 8:30 am – Noon: Register for a three hour “deep dive” workshop in Pinellas Park (3.0 AICP CM) here
- 5 – 8 pm: Register for a one hour presentation and Sarasota networking reception (1.0 AICP CM) here
These events are ideal not only for planners but any professional developers, realtors, local government officials, economic development agencies, planning board members, land-use advisers.
The events will start with a 45 minute presentation by Joe followed by a 15 minute audience Q&A. In some locations, this will be followed by a two hour interactive “deep dive” discussion on local issues and concerns. You are free to attend just the initial presentation or stay for the whole event, depending on your schedule and interest.
Questions? Contact Melissa Dickens, AICP, email@example.com, 813-273-3774