- This event has passed.
Enhancing Social Engagement to Achieve Sustainability in Transportation Planning Webinar
January 19 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- 1.5 CM (Live viewing only)
This webinar will focus on the importance of enhancing social engagement in order to achieve sustainability. Speakers will present examples from different social settings addressing a diverse group of urban and rural populations. Age, race, ethnicity, and immigration status are among the most challenging factors impacting one’s level of participation in policy making. The outcomes of this webinar will inform professional planners about fine lines between active and passive public engagement methods/techniques. The webinar is a collaboration between Planning Communities, APA Sustainable Communities Division, and APA Technology Division.
- Learn about public engagement tools/techniques and best practices in different social settings
- Understand how different planning entities interact to meet diverse needs of urban population while promoting social cohesion/inclusion
- Connect with professionals working under the umbrella of social sustainability
Mehri Mohebbi (Mehrsa), Senior Urban Planner and Social Sustainability Strategist, Planning Communities, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Brief talk about Muslim women’s issues related to urban accessibility in American cities.
Jana Lynott, AICP, Senior Strategic Policy Advisor, Public Policy Institute, AARP, Washington, DC
- “Transportation Planning as a Tool to link Social Engagement and Health”
Angela Van der Kloof, Mobility Consultant, Mobycon, Delft, Netherlands
- “Social Power of Bicycle Projects for Refugees and Immigrants in the Netherlands”
Nader Afzalan, Ph.D., Chair, APA Technology Division
- “Connecting Citizen and Patient Engagement using Participatory Tools”
Register here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1613252225405360898