Adaptation Planning for Coastal Communities
February 27 @ 9:00 am - February 28 @ 5:00 pm$75.00
Coastal communities increasingly realize the need for adaptation strategies, but many are unsure where to begin. This intensive and interactive course provides individuals with a thorough grounding and practical skills for incorporating adaptation strategies into planning processes.
Participants will learn to:
- Apply a basic adaptation planning framework
- Translate climate science into impacts on local assets
- Create a qualitative vulnerability assessment
- Identify and prioritize local adaptation strategies
- Describe implementation options
Continuing education credits have been applied for through The American Planning Association and The Association of State Floodplain Managers. Find out more about the workshop at the NOAA DigitalCoast website.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED – CLICK HERE.
FOR QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT:
Jessica McIntosh, Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve