Cold Case: The Florida Planning Files
Was it Politics? Funding? Staff turnover? Or just a great idea before its time … There are a variety of reasons that bold, innovative and visionary plans don’t advance beyond the shelf but perhaps it’s not too late for your City or County to revisit an old plan that maintains relevance and the potential to improve your community.
As part of the 2017 APA Florida Annual Conference, we are seeking to identify the best “unimplemented” plans from across the Sunshine State. The top 3 plans will be featured during a Conference session entitled “Cold Case: The Florida Planning Files”. The audience will vote on the best and/or most needed plan and the winning City or County will receive a complimentary Implementation RFP tailored for the project.
Please upload a pdf of the plan along with the following information HERE.
- Contact Name:
- Affirmation of ability to attend APA Florida Conference on 9/7 in Daytona Beach.
- Local Government:
- Year of Plan completion and/or adoption:
- Brief Summary (no more than 1 page) of why the plan is worthy of consideration.
To be eligible for consideration, all plans must:
- Be nominated by a Florida local government employee (within the jurisdiction of the project.)
- Have been completed on or prior to Sept. 7, 2012.
- Have not been substantially implemented.Brief Summary (no more than 1 page) of why the plan is worthy of consideration.To be eligible for consideration, all plans must:
For questions, or issues with uploading plans, please contact George Kramer at email@example.com.