APA Florida celebrates the outstanding planning projects across the state at its annual conference. The Project Awards program provides APA Florida members with the chance to see and learn about development, conservation, government, or environmental projects, where planning has had a positive impact on the outcome. Eligible planning projects are those completed within the last two years of the date of the conference. The projects are scored by the Awards Jurors based on five criteria:
- Innovation – Introduction of an original concept or a refinement of an existing technique or procedure.
- Transferability – Potential applicability in other areas of the state or to other planning projects.
- Quality – Excellence of analysis, writing, graphics and character of presentation.
- Implementation – Effectiveness of the work – i.e. proposals have been carried out or show promise of being carried out in the near future.
- Comprehensiveness – Planning principles have been observed, especially in considering a project’s effects on other public objectives and the surrounding environment.
The 2016 Project Award winners will be announced during the Plenary Session at the Annual Conference in the Tampa Convention Center on September 7.