APA Florida 2017 Reduced AICP Exam Fee Scholarships – Deadline August 25
APA and AICP have encouraged the APA Florida Chapter to submit names of those with financial hardships to become AICP members by taking advantage of the 2017 Reduced Exam Fee Scholarship program. This program was put into place to offer assistance to those individuals who may defer taking or are unable to take the AICP exam because of the high cost.
Scholarship recipients pay reduced fees to AICP as follows:
- First time AICP applicants: $145 (combined $70 application and $75 exam fee)
- Previously approved AICP applicants: $75 (exam fee only)
- Awarding of a scholarship does not guarantee that a recipient will be approved to take the AICP Exam. The exam application will be evaluated like any other.
- The nomination/selection of scholarship recipients will be kept strictly confidential.
- A maximum of two (2) scholarships are available to the APA Florida Chapter for the November 2017 exam.
The FINAL selection of potential scholarship recipients rests with the APA Florida Chapter’s Professional Development Officer (PDO), Henry Bittaker, and will be final.
Reduced AICP Exam Fee Scholarship Selection Criteria
Applicants must submit a “Reduced AICP Exam Fee Scholarship” application directly to me, the APA-Florida PDO, at firstname.lastname@example.org, that consists of a written explanation of financial hardship (including financial hardship caused by a budget cutback in a firm or agency) which necessitates the request and must also provide me with their APA member number. This written response includes indicating that:
- The applicant will be otherwise unlikely to take the exam without the reduced fee, and
- The applicant’s employer will not subsidize the exam fee.
- Whether or not they are a member of any ethnic or racial minorities.
- The planner’s APA Member number
Applications may be submitted now for the November 2017 exam window.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, AUGUST 25, 2017