- Planning Officials Training Symposium (POTS) – September 12, 2018 August 13, 2018
The 2018 Planning Officials Training Symposium (POTS) is upcoming on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:00 am – 5:00 pm at the Palm Beach County Convention Center.
Are you an appointed advisory board member or an elected official making planning and zoning recommendations or decisions for your local government? If so, then this one-day symposium, organized by the Treasure Coast Section of the Florida Chapter, American Planning Association, is tailored just for you!
The event flyer is attached for more information: APA FL Conference POTS Flyer
- Young Planners Pre-Conference Social – Friday, September 7, 2018, 6 pm August 13, 2018
Young Planners Pre-Conference Social – Friday, September 7, 2018, 6 pm –hosted by the Treasure Coast and Broward Sections at Prosperity Brewers in Boca Raton. For more information and to RSVP contact Sofia Garantiva (Treasure Coast YPG Ambassador) at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on August 31st.
- Fall 2018 AICP Exam August 13, 2018
- Fall 2018 AICP Exam Study Class – the Treasure Coast Section hosted class begins next Thursday evening, August 16th and will run until Thursday, November 8th at the Wellington Community Center. Thursday night classes are held from 6:00 – 8:40 pm. Saturday classes focused on practice questions will be held September 15th through November 3rd from 8:30 am – 12:40 pm. You can participate in person or via Go-To-Webinar and the FTP site where all class materials are posted. There is no charge for the class, but you do need to register to participate. If you are not already on their AICP Class Email List and would like to be added, or have any questions related to the AICP Exam, please contact Henry Bittaker, AICP, at email@example.com / 561-523-0678 and Susan Coughanour, FAICP, at firstname.lastname@example.org / 561-523-0677.
For more information about the AICP Exam, including notification and exam registration deadlines for those of you who applied during the June 2018 Application Window, visit https://www.planning.org/certification/ & https://www.planning.org/certification/currentexam/.
- For those of you interested in taking the AICP Exam in May 2019, the application window will likely open in early December. We encourage you to prepare early and take advantage of the Early Bird Deadline which is usually a week after the application window opens.
- Reduced AICP Exam Fee Scholarship Program – APA FL participates in the APA/AICP 2018 Reduced AICP Exam Fee Scholarship Program for members who may experience financial difficulty in taking the exam. The deadline to apply for the Scholarship Program for the November 2018 Exam Window is September 14, 2018. For additional information about the application process and criteria visit http://www.floridaplanning.org/apa-florida-2018-reduced-aicp-exam-fee-scholarships//.
- APA FL Elections August 13, 2018
By now you should have received an email from the APA Election Coordinator with the Subject: APA Chapter/Division Elections 2018 – Login Information. It includes a personalized link to use to cast your ballot for the Florida Chapter elections. Information about the candidates for the open positions, including their position statements, is also available on the on-line ballot. Ballots are due by 11:59 pm on Friday, September 7, 2018.
- If you are having problems accessing your ballot or need other technical support (available Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Central Time, USA, excluding holidays), please call 952-974-2339 or email email@example.com.
- If you have not yet received this email from the APA Elections Coordinator, check your spam folder first, and if the email is not there or you have other questions, then please call 312-786-6721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SURP Fall 2018 Mentorship Program August 13, 2018
The School of Urban and Regional Planning (SURP) at Florida Atlantic University is now accepting applications from student mentees and professional mentors for the Fall 2018 Mentorship Program. The application window is open through Monday, August 13, 2018. This is a great opportunity for students to gain insights into professional planning practice and for established planners to give back to their profession. For more information and to apply, visit http://cdsi.fau.edu/surp/mentorship-program/.