- Planning Officials Training Workshop October 21, 2017
Are you an appointed advisory board member or an elected official making planning and zoning recommendations or decisions for your local government? If so, then this one-day workshop, organized by the Treasure Coast Section of the American Planning Association – Florida Chapter, is tailored just for you!
Planning officials will receive basic instruction and information about …
- Planning principles and process
- Responsibilities of various advisory boards
- Legal considerations
- How to run an effective board meeting
- Urban Design
- Economics of new development/growth
- Current trends
- Public participation methods
Each participant will leave the course with a Certificate of Completion and copies of all materials presented throughout the day.
Nov. 17, 2017
7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Village of Palm Springs Council Chambers
226 Cypress Lane
Palm Springs, FL 33641
**Doors open at 7:30 am for registration check-in, networking and continental breakfast.
Program starts promptly at 8 am**
Register by Nov. 13 for a discounted rate.
- $25 – register by Nov. 13
- $35 – register between Nov. 14-15
- $45 – walk-up registration
- Treasure Coast Section Annual Meeting & Planning Month BBQ October 2, 2017
- Treasure Coast Fall Events September 20, 2017 Treasure Coast Fall Events
- Treasure Coast Section selected to host 2018 State Conference! July 20, 2017
Treasure Coast Section Chair Josh Long, AICP, announced the Treasure Coast Section has been selected to host the 2018 State Conference! The conference will be held at the Palm Beach County Convention Center and the new Hilton West Palm Beach from Sept. 11 to Sept. 14, 2018. The State Conference will provide the Treasure Coast Section an opportunity to showcase all that the Treasure Coast has to offer. Josh’s team will begin planning for the conference soon and is looking for volunteers. The Section will need volunteers for the following subcommittees:
- Receptions (identifying locations for receptions)
- Program (speakers and sessions)
- Mobile workshops (identifying and organizing local tours for mobile workshops)
- Marketing/Sponsorships (getting sponsors and exhibitors)
- Volunteers (organizing volunteers to help during the actual conference)
- Conference websites (posting conference materials on website)
If you have any interest in volunteering or have any questions regarding the 2018 State Conference, please email Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you in West Palm Beach!
- REMINDER: – THIS FRIDAY: Practicing Planner Reflections 101: What you don’t always learn in class. February 13, 2017