- Regular Conference Registration Deadline – Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 5:00 pm. August 21, 2018
Don’t miss this opportunity to save up to $35 over the Same Day Registration Rate at the Conference! This year’s conference is being held at the Palm Beach County Convention Center in downtown West Palm Beach on September 11 – 14, 2018 and features an outstanding array of programs, speakers, mobile workshops, training sessions, and events on topics of interest to our members. For more information and to register visit http://floridaplanning.org/apaflconf/?intcmp=hp.
- Planning Officials Training Symposium (POTS) – September 12, 2018 August 13, 2018
The 2018 Planning Officials Training Symposium (POTS) is upcoming on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:00 am – 5:00 pm at the Palm Beach County Convention Center.
Are you an appointed advisory board member or an elected official making planning and zoning recommendations or decisions for your local government? If so, then this one-day symposium, organized by the Treasure Coast Section of the Florida Chapter, American Planning Association, is tailored just for you!
The event flyer is attached for more information: APA FL Conference POTS Flyer
- Young Planners Pre-Conference Social – Friday, September 7, 2018, 6 pm August 13, 2018
Young Planners Pre-Conference Social – Friday, September 7, 2018, 6 pm –hosted by the Treasure Coast and Broward Sections at Prosperity Brewers in Boca Raton. For more information and to RSVP contact Sofia Garantiva (Treasure Coast YPG Ambassador) at email@example.com by noon on August 31st.
- Fall 2018 AICP Exam August 13, 2018
- Fall 2018 AICP Exam Study Class – the Treasure Coast Section hosted class begins next Thursday evening, August 16th and will run until Thursday, November 8th at the Wellington Community Center. Thursday night classes are held from 6:00 – 8:40 pm. Saturday classes focused on practice questions will be held September 15th through November 3rd from 8:30 am – 12:40 pm. You can participate in person or via Go-To-Webinar and the FTP site where all class materials are posted. There is no charge for the class, but you do need to register to participate. If you are not already on their AICP Class Email List and would like to be added, or have any questions related to the AICP Exam, please contact Henry Bittaker, AICP, at firstname.lastname@example.org / 561-523-0678 and Susan Coughanour, FAICP, at email@example.com / 561-523-0677.
For more information about the AICP Exam, including notification and exam registration deadlines for those of you who applied during the June 2018 Application Window, visit https://www.planning.org/certification/ & https://www.planning.org/certification/currentexam/.
- For those of you interested in taking the AICP Exam in May 2019, the application window will likely open in early December. We encourage you to prepare early and take advantage of the Early Bird Deadline which is usually a week after the application window opens.
- Reduced AICP Exam Fee Scholarship Program – APA FL participates in the APA/AICP 2018 Reduced AICP Exam Fee Scholarship Program for members who may experience financial difficulty in taking the exam. The deadline to apply for the Scholarship Program for the November 2018 Exam Window is September 14, 2018. For additional information about the application process and criteria visit http://www.floridaplanning.org/apa-florida-2018-reduced-aicp-exam-fee-scholarships//.
- Shapeshifting Retail: Facts, Fiction and Fun – Friday, June 22, 2018 May 29, 2018
The Palm Beach County Planning Congress invites you to join us on June 22nd in the former Macy’s space at City Place, West Palm Beach, as we explore the future of retail and the retail spaces that inhabit our landscape. This full-day event will feature local and national leaders in the retail industry as we explore how retail is changing and the implications for our communities. We are pleased to have Tony Carvajal, Executive Director of the Florida Chamber Foundation and architect of Florida’s Future, as our Opening Keynote and host for the day and, through the generous sponsorship of the Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council, our Luncheon Keynote Speaker is Bob Gibbs, the man who literally wrote the book on retail. We will also have other experts throughout the day—including Dale Scott, Southern Division Lead, International Council of Shopping Centers; Dana Little, Urban Design Director, Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council; and a variety of City leaders, developers and economic development specialists. We will hear great stories throughout the day and wrap up with a table top exercise re-imaging the future of retail! Stay tuned for more details and please register today! Event Registration Link