Latest News and Events
- Adopted 2017 Activity Plan and Budget December 7, 2016
Thank you to all the members that attended our annual meeting on December 2! At this meeting, the 2017 Section Budget and Activity Plan were adopted. The budget and activity plan can be found here: san-felasco-sectionadopted-2017-budget-and-activity-plan.
- “A Natural Solution for Springs Protection” A Lecture by Dr Robert Knight as part of the Ernest R. Bartley Memorial Lecture Series – October 27, 2016 October 13, 2016
- The Old Florida Heritage Highway Symposium hosted by the Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS) Florida Gator Student Chapter October 13, 2016
“The Old Florida Heritage Highway”
WHEN: Wednesday, October 19, 2016
TIME: 6 pm to 8 pm, a reception to follow (including heavy hors d’oeuvre)
WHERE: Room G-310, Reitz Union, UF Campus
The purpose of this free event is to make the community aware of the state designated scenic highway, it’s needs as related to resource protection and infrastructure improvements, it’s Master Plan and finally, what needs to be done to protect this corridor, it’s beauty, wildlife, and infrastructure. This is your chance to hear and interact with urban planners, engineers and community leaders as they share their experiences advocating for this part of Florida’s heritage.
- Kathleen Pagan, AICP, Sr. Planner, Growth Management, Alachua County
- Dr. James Perran Ross, President, Friends of Paynes Prairie
- Steve Scanlan, PE, Operations Program Engineer (Gainesville), FDOT
- James Sipes, Visiting Associate Professor, Department of Landscape Architecture, University of Florida
- Dr. Ruth Steiner, Professor, Urban & Regional Planning, University of Florida
As in past years, the event will include a raffle of official WTS products!
Please RSVP for this event by October 17, 2016 to Ines Aviles-Spadoni, UFTI/STRIDE Research Programs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adopted 2016 Section Activity Plan and Budget January 12, 2016
Please see the 2016 Section Activity Plan and Budget below.
The Activity Plan and Budget was adopted at the general membership meeting held December 11, 2015.