Do You Have a Green Infrastructure Design Vision for South Florida?
Registration and submittal deadline: May 1, 2015
Download the Green Infrastructure Information Brief (PDF) for a complete description of the design challenge and instructions on how to compete.
Site Visits, Information and Networking
Learn: About Miami-Dade’sÂ green infrastructure programs, and start enriching your green infrastructure knowledge.
Workshop details (PDF)
Guest Speakers: Michael Houle, Miami-DadeÂ Parks, Recreation and Open Space Department; Chris Bergh, The Nature ConservancyÂ and Mauricio A. Paredes, PE, Parsons Brinckerhoff
East Greynolds Park Site Visit -Â 16700 Biscayne Blvd., Sunny Isles Beach, FL, 33160
Learn: Details about theÂ site conditions and opportunities of utilizing residential scaleÂ green infrastructure.
For information email:Â APAÂ Green Infrastructure ChallengeÂ
With: Michael Houle, Miami-DadeÂ Parks, Recreation and Open Space Department
Green Infrastructure Challenge FAQsÂ (are updated on an ongoing basis) (Updated April 3, 2015
Why You Should Participate
- Recognition -Â Show off your skills and innovative ideas.
- Promote -Â aÂ county-wide platformÂ that demonstrates the economic, environmental and marketing benefits of sustainable site development.
- Benefit fromÂ hands-onÂ learning with green stormwater infrastructure that can be applied to everyday design, construction and development practice.
Form a Winning Team
Each entry must come from an integrated design team. The inclusion of team members from the Land Planning, Design, Development and Civil EngineeringÂ disciplines is strongly recommended.
Individuals may not compete on more than one team.
There are no limits on the number of individuals from a single firm that may participate in the competition as members of teams.
- March 2, 2015: Registration Opens
- May 1, 2015: Registration Closes and Submissions Due
- March 18, 2015Â : Green Infrastructure workshop
- March 24, 2015Â : Site Visit
- May 15, 2015: Shortlisted Teams Announced
- June 3-5, 2015Â : Installation of shortlisted designs
- September, 2015: Award Ceremony
Final Awards CeremonyÂ
Trophies will be presented to theÂ winning teams at the Awards CeremonyÂ during the APA Florida Annual Conference (September 8 -11, 2015)