Latest News and Events
- SOLICITING NOMINATIONS FOR CHAIR ELECT OF THE GOLD COAST SECTION, APA FLORIDA CHAPTER June 17, 2017
SOLICITING NOMINATIONS FOR CHAIR ELECT OF THE GOLD COAST SECTION,
APA FLORIDA CHAPTER
Do you want to become more active in your local APA Section? The Gold Coast Section is now accepting Chair Elect nominations to lead its Executive Committee as Chair for the next term of office (September 2017 – August 2019).
All nominations should be submitted no later than midnight Friday, June 30, 2017.
Nominate yourself or recommend a colleague. Candidates must be members in good standing of the FL Chapter of APA. AICP certification is not requisite, and no previous experience is necessary. We only require commitment, enthusiasm and your best ideas!
If you (or someone you know) are interested in serving as Chair for the two year term beginning in September 2017:
- • Review the duties of the Chair (See below)
- • Determine if your schedule will allow sufficient time to commit to the position (between 5-10 hours/month, including attendance of a monthly 2-hour Board meeting, preparation for meetings, occasional representation of Section at Chapter activities, etc.)
- • Fill out and submit the attached form
Duties of the Chair include:
1. To call and preside at the meetings of the Section and Executive Committee.
2. To appoint committee chairs and to act as voting ex-officio member of all committees.
3. To direct the preparation of an annual Section strategy, program and budget.
4. To prepare an annual report of Section activities.
5. To serve as Section Representative on the Florida Chapter Executive Committee.
6. To perform such other duties as are customary to ...
- Working Waterfronts February 10, 2017
Working Waterfronts: The Tampa Experience
Tuesday, Feburary21st @ 6 p.m.
- FitCity 4 January 30, 2017
FitCity is about the relationship between design & health. The FitCity Miami 4 Conference explores the opportunity for physical activity that the built environment presents in our communities.
4 HSW, FBPE & AICP credits
FEBRUARY 24, 2017
- Holiday Party December 2, 2016
Please join us to celebrate the Holidays
Monday, December 12th.
AIA Miami Center for Architecture & Design
100 NE 1st Ave, Miami, FL 33132
- Planning (Effectively) for Affordable Housing October 12, 2016
Learn what’s happening on the national and local scene in the production and preservation of affordable housing. Do your plans encourage the best opportunities and are you working with your community development and transit departments? This interactive workshop and master class will highlight opportunities to foster production and preservation of affordable housing, the tools and resources available, and how planners, community development, transit and health sectors can plan and implement more effectively.