Latest News and Events
- Happy Hour @ The Wharf November 30, 2017
Can’t make the meeting? No worries!
December 1, 2017
Join us for Happy Hour at the Wharf and we’ll fill you in with what’s happening over drinks!
Please pass onto whomever you think may be interested
The Wharf – 114 SW North River Drive, Miami, FL 33130
- Gold Coast Fall Retreat November 7, 2017
Join us Saturday 11/11/17 as we discuss the upcoming year and craft our goals related to programming, social networking, and advocacy!
We will be holding our annual section retreat at our usual meeting spot:
AIA Miami Center for Architecture & Design
9 am – 12 pm
Mimosas will be served! Please let us know if you are able to attend so we are sure to have enough.
- Soliciting Nominations for Officers & Directors for the Gold Coast Section September 22, 2017
Do you want to become more active in your local APA Section? The Gold Coast Section is now accepting Officer nominations for its Executive Committee to serve for the next term of office (September 2017 – August 2019). The available Officer positions consist of Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and Professional Development Officer. We are also looking for volunteers to serve on the Board of Directors.
Nominate yourself or recommend a colleague. Officers must be members in good standing of the APA Florida, but AICP certification is not requisite, and no previous experience is necessary. We only require commitment, enthusiasm and your best ideas!
If you (or someone you know) are interested in serving either in an Officer or Director position:
- Review pertinent sections of our Bylaws for description of the positions’ duties and responsibilities
- Determine if your schedule will allow sufficient time to commit to the position (between 5-10 hours/month, including attendance of a monthly 2-hour Board meeting, preparation for meetings, occasional representation of Section at Chapter activities, etc.)
- Fill out and submit the attached form
All nomination(s) should be submitted to Alex A. David, AICP, Section Director at email@example.com, or Arceli Redila, AICP, Section Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than midnight Oct. 6, 2017. Nomination form here.
- Kayaking @ John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park July 12, 2017
SAVE THE DATE!
Saturday • July 29, 2017
APA Florida Gold Coast Section invites you to come join us for a day of fun in the sun kayaking at John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park on Saturday, July 29, 2017! Network with other planners and enjoy the weather as we relax on the water! Lunch will be provided with RSVP by The Corradino Group
The APA Gold Coast Section will be subsidizing half ($15) of the usual $30 Kayaking fee. The $15 ticket is to ensure your space in this fun and exciting adventure. Parking is $8 and paid seperatly per vehicle at the enterance to the park.
Location: John Pennenkamp Coral Reef State Park
Mile Marker 102.5 Overseas Highway
Key Largo, FL 33037
Meet-up Point: Kayak Concession Area
Time: 9:30 AM
Parking: $8/Vehicle (into park)
RSVP via Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kayaking-with-apa-florida-gold-coast-tickets-36157691629?aff=es2
- Working Waterfronts February 10, 2017
Working Waterfronts: The Tampa Experience
Tuesday, Feburary21st @ 6 p.m.