Latest News and Events
- FREE Emerald Coast Planning Officials Training September 26, 2016
This FREE ½ day workshop is designed for elected and appointed
officials who make planning and zoning recommendations and decisions as well as planning staff (4 CMs). The series covers the basic
laws, principles and practices that have shaped the planning process
in Florida. Planning officials will receive basic instruction about Florida’s planning and growth management system, his/her role and how to do the job more effectively. Peer exchange and discussion are
also a valuable parts of this event. Topics Include: Topic #1 Planning
and Growth Management in Florida; Topic #2 Roles and Responsibilities; Topic #3 Constitutional and Legal Foundations for Planning; Topic #4: The Community Building Process; and Topic #5 Decision making.
Presentation by Gene Boles, FAICP
Two Convenient Days and Locations!!
October 19, 2016
1:30 PM – 5:30 PM
City of Freeport Board Room
112 Highway 20 West
Freeport, FL 32439
Visit Sweet Southern Comfort Café in Freeport before the event for a
wonderful lunch! (172 Hwy 20, Freeport)
October 21, 2016
8:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Large Conference Room 104
3363 West Park Place
Pensacola, FL 32505
- Presentation of UWF Historic Trust Interpretive Master Plan for Downtown Pensacola August 3, 2016
Presentation of UWF Historic Trust Interpretive Master Plan for Downtown Pensacola
Date: Thursday, August 25
Time: 11:30 to 1 p.m.
Location: 117 E Government St, Pensacola, FL 32502
Lunch will be provided
Planners will hear about the University of West Florida Historic Trust Interpretative Master Plan for the historic village and downtown Pensacola.
Topic to be discussed include the following:
- Challenges of interpreting a living history museum.
- Challenges of displaying historic and archaeological resources.
- State of the art in living history and historic museum exhibit methods.
- Review of the existing 8 acre downtown historic site.
- Definition of an Interpretive Master Plan.
- Review of matrix developed for Village resources.
- Understanding the impact of cultural heritage tourism.
- Proposal for new Interpretive Master Plan for the village.
- Review of graphic demonstrations for the new plan.
- Membership Survey August 3, 2016
A survey will be sent to all Section local governments and all members in August. We want your feedback on future program topics, times, and locations including a potential Planning Official’s Training Workshop to be offered in the Fall of this year. Please take the time to complete this survey and let us know how we can better serve you!
- Emerald Coast Section Law Program July 13, 2016
July 15 11:30 AM -1:00 PM
Law Program with David Theriaque
South Walton County Courthouse Annex
31 Coastal Centre Boulevard
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
Join the always informative land use attorney David Theriaque for a land use and planning law update.
Lunch will be provided.
Law credits pending.
- REMINDER June 13, 2016
Don’t forget that the Competitive Florida Partnership Presentation is this Friday at 11:30 at the Panama City Beach City Hall Annex!
Come enjoy some great speakers and a delicious lunch!