Allison Megrath, AICP (Candidate for Vice-President for Professional Development)
- 25 years of professional planning experience
- Kimley-Horn, Senior Land Planner/Project Manager March 2018 – present
- Megrath Consulting, Inc., President January 2017 – February 2018
- Weyerhaeuser (Plum Creek), Industrial Development Manager June 2011 – December 2016
- Land Planning Solutions, President January 2007 – May 2011
- WilsonMiller, Senior Land Planner January 2005-January 2007
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Part 58, Environmental Training (2017)
- Urban Land Institute Women’s Leadership Institute Graduate (2015)
- Plum Creek Emerging Leaders Graduate (2014)
- Dale Carnegie Graduate (2014)
- Leadership Lake City Graduate (2013)
- Leadership Gainesville Graduate (2013)
- North Carolina Institute of Government Graduate (2003)
- University of Toronto, Bachelor of Arts, Urban Studies (1993)
APA Florida/APA Experience
- At-large Member of Legislative Policy Committee June 2004 – present
- APA National Economic Development Division Member 2015 – present
- APA National Small Town and Rural Planning Division Member 2007 – present
- APA Florida Awards Committee Chair 2011-2013
- 5-time APA Florida Delegate at National APA Conference
- Chair, Promised Lands Section 2005 – 2007
- APA Florida Conference Committee 2006
- AICP Member in Good Standing 2005-present
Serving you as the Vice President of Professional Development for the Florida Chapter will be my privilege. APA Florida provides us not only with great leadership but opportunities for us to give back to our colleagues. I have worked in this field for 25 years, have worked in both the public and private sectors and have served on APA Florida boards and committees for over a decade, I have the knowledge, skill set and wherewithal to be able to serve you effectively.
As Vice President of Professional Development, I will present professional and personal growth opportunities to our membership. As an AICP planner, I hold that certification in high regard. I am constantly evolving and growing myself both personally and professionally and believe I can assist in delivering similar opportunities and ideas to our members. I will maintain a communicative relationship between APA Florida Chapter and APA/AICP National’s Vice-President for Professional Development as well as the other Chapter Professional Development Officers. I will constantly be looking for new and innovative sessions that allow us to gain contemporary perspectives on training related to ethics and law, in particular.
Assisting the Vice President of Certification Maintenance with the AICP Exam preparation is an endeavor that I champion. I believe that certified planners bring credibility to our profession. The CM program is designed to keep our skills current and our AICP certifications valid.
I look forward to your support and ensure you can count on me to represent you well as the APA Florida Vice President of Professional Development.