Allara Mills Gutcher, AICP (Candidate for President Elect)
- Over 20 years professional planning experience in both the public and private sectors.
- Managing Principal, The Planning Collaborative (2011 – present)
- Planning and Community Development Director, Gadsden County (2013 – 2016)
- Manager, Planning Services, City of Panama City (2006 – 2011)
- Senior Planner I – PBS&J (2003 – 2006)
- Planner I, II, and III – Bay County Board of County Commissioners (2000 – 2003)
- Planner – City of Callaway (1998 – 2000)
- Georgia Institute of Technology, IEDC Basic Economic Development Course
- North Florida Economic Development Academy
- University of Oklahoma, Masters of Regional and City Planning
- Florida State University, Bachelor of Science
APA Florida/APA Experience:
- Member, Planning Accreditation Board Site Visitor Pool (2018 – present)
- Project Manager, Florida Planners4Health project (2017)
- Vice President of Certification Maintenance, APA Florida (2016 – present)
- Treasurer, APA Florida (2008 – 2012 and again 2016)
- APA Florida Legislative Policy Committee (2006 – 2008)
- APA Florida Delegate – APA National Conference (2007)
- APA Florida Executive Committee (2002 – 2004, 2008 – 2012, and 2016 – present)
- Immediate Past Chair, Emerald Coast Section of APA Florida (2004 – 2006)
- APA Florida Marketing Committee (2002 – 2006)
- Chair, Emerald Coast Section of APA Florida (2002 – 2004)
- Chair-Elect, Emerald Coast Section of APA Florida (2001 – 2002)
First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank each of you for allowing me to serve you over the years. I have enjoyed my time working in various positions on the Executive Committee, beginning at the Section leadership level and growing into Treasurer and VP of Certification Maintenance. I have thoroughly enjoyed working for you, and now I seek to help our organization grow and continue to be the foremost respected organization for professional land use planners.
I have been serving on the Executive Committee of APA Florida for the past several years. I now seek to represent you as President-Elect. In this role I will bring our past experiences forward, using out history as a learning tool for the betterment of our organization. I will continue to promote educational opportunities for the membership, especially those at the local level which are easier to attend. I believe it is important for all of us to continue learning new strategies, techniques, and practices in order to best serve our communities. I also will drive to remain fiscally responsible so that we remain financially sound and are able to continue services such as the annual conference, the annual Public Policy Workshop, and most importantly retaining staff at the Chapter office.
I bring to this position a wealth of experience and knowledge of the Chapter’s past several years activities. I will continue to promote the initiatives that we have worked toward, and look to you for input regarding how we can better serve the membership. I am requesting your vote for election so that I can continue to serve in the new capacity of President-Elect. With my experience, I am confident that I am the best candidate for this position.