2018 Minority Scholarship Application Period Now Open
It is Time to Apply for the 2018 Minority Scholarship!
APA Florida is accepting applications for the 2018 Minority Scholarship through November 27. This scholarship is meant to celebrate planning and foster increased interest in planning by providing financial support for planning students who are members of underserved ethnic groups. Two scholarships are offered: one for $2000 and one for $1500.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a member of one of the following underserved ethnic groups, as defined by the U.S. Census: Asian, Black, Hispanic, American Indian, Pacific Islander or Alaskan Native
- Be enrolled full-time during the semester in which the award is given in either (1) a PAB-accredited urban planning graduate program in the State of Florida or (2) an urban planning graduate program in the State of Florida that is actively seeking PAB accreditation
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Be able to document their need for financial assistance
- Intend to work as a practicing planner upon graduation in local, state, or federal government or for a planning consulting firm or a not-for-profit planning organization
Click here for the scholarship guidelines and application form. The deadline is 5:00 p.m., November 27. Please contact Alex Magee in the Chapter Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-201-3272 if you have any questions.